198 Miles

Tuesday, May 11

68 degrees in the shade

It was cold on the walk back to my dorm tonight. But this day was beautiful. Kylee called me and left a message mentioning her day and how she hoped it was sunny up in Seattle. And oh it was. Sunny enough for the college girls to break out in tank tops and summer-skirts (Which doesn't take much usually, but today was a reasonable excuse.)
Yesterday I went on a night run with Karianne, and although it had been a slow cold rain all day, the night was warm. It was a good run in general, feeling my body work against the pavement and pull of the hill - gravity calling me home - come here, come here.
Here is my question:
Is it at all possible to be in touch with the way the weather turns, here in this place full of murmuring television sets and the airy roar of cars. I would just like to be able to feel the air at night and be assured of sun the following morning, or watch the clouds linger in a winter afternoon and know that the next day will bring with it snow.
Instead of turning to the weather application on my iphone.
The day belongs to those who are aware of it, and I want to be fully awake.


No comments: