198 Miles

Sunday, June 6

Last year's poem.

(Found this on some paper scraps initially supposed to be used for kid's scribbles at a past church service today. going to write it on here so I don't lose it in the summer -moving-mess. Looking forward to: sunrise hike at little Si in a few hours.)

Oh, how the leaves have to burn before they
 fall
        fall
                fall
But you don't weep for the leaves on the tree so please. don't. weep.
for me.

Driving past the road between your house and mine,
watching as the clouds fill up the sky.
The sparrow spins the heron beats his drum,
Sing! the last lingerings of the sun.

This year ghosts have haunted
the corner of my eye;
Too dark, subtle shifting for the daylight.
There is something in the way they move..

.. I know I have no time to lose
But when I turn my head, they're gone gone gone again.

No comments: